BaysDesigns

Welcome To The Selling Lounge!

We are a friendly forum where sellers help sellers to help our/your online E-Commerce Business grow by having a place of resources and support along with help in promoting ourselves and each other.

I have been selling on line since 2003 in which I started out with eBay where I was doing very well as a Powerseller until all the fee hikes and changes. I then opened up my first Website almost 2 years ago and have been a member of a few very nice informative E-Commerce Forums and have learned so much about this new world of online selling that I wanted to have all my information in one place to help me succeed and by doing that helping others at the same time.

I have noticed that there is a ton of information out there on the net to help us become successful business owners and there are certain things that we must do in order to get our products out there and noticed and to get the buyers to us.

So I'm hoping that we can all share with each other "our tips" of "what works" and "what does not work".

October 31, 2008

OrganicGiftsByDiana Featured Member of The Selling Lounge

Photobucket


I started making my own products because I wanted all natural/Organic products and I either could not find the ones I wanted or they were very expensive and most of them STILL had stuff in them that I did not want to use.

Several folks found out about my products and wanted some, then it became a business as more and more people wanted my all natural products.

Diana = I am a mom, an organic gardener, I LOVE herbs and herbal healing, I cook from scratch most of the time, I am a big recycler, I have lots of animals/pets, I collect vintage Singer sewing machines - especially old treadles - but I mostly sew by hand as it is very therapeutic (there is something wonderful about holding fabric in your hands and creating something fabulous with it), I do hand embroidery when I have a little time just because I enjoy it and it reminds of me the time I spent with my Grandma, I own a little gift shop and I specialize in all natural products and vintage items.

For my scented products, I use only the REAL herbs and flowers... or oil infusions that I made from the real thing. I am an organic gardener and grow most of what I use in my products. There are some things that I cannot grow like vanilla... so I order whole organic vanilla beans.
I will not use anything fake like colors or fragrance oils... and I do not even use absolutes or concretes because of the way they are chemically obtained. They say the chemicals get removed, but I am taking no chances and prefer to make my own scents via infusions and/or adding the actual herbs/flowers either whole or ground in my products.
The way I do things takes up a whole lot of time, but I want my products to be pure and chemical-free and this is the only way in ensure that.

Eventhough, I do most everything by hand and by myself I try to keep my prices as low as possible so most folks can afford my all natural products if they need/want them.
I have been slowly weaning my Mom off of the store-bought stuff as she has cancer again and it has spread everywhere. I am making her a perfume because she loves to be "girly" and I don't want ther to wear the chemical soup stuff at all. Her body is fighting the cancer hard and needs no interference from the toxic stuff she used to wear.

Organically Yours,
Diana

To read more about the topics of organic gardening /natural living / doing things by hand... - please see these :

this is 1 of my Squidoo, I have a few more too = http://www.squidoo.com/AllNaturalPerfume
I have 6 groups on PlumDrop a new social network :
I also have several articles on Gather and other places as well as writing about organic gardening, natural living, recycling... on my informational website which can be found through my BiSi store.

No comments: